YouTube has become into a fantastic resource for discovering new information, watching interesting material, and interacting with others who share your interests.
You may start making your first video and sharing it in a variety of ways. One of the finest platform updates is YouTube Shorts, which enables users to quickly publish a brief 60-second movie from a computer or mobile device.
If you adhere to the rules, YouTube’s algorithm will classify your video as short and include it in the YouTube Shorts area.
To help you take use of the platform, we have produced a thorough instruction on posting YouTube Shorts from a PC if you are having trouble doing so.
Things To Consider Before Uploading YouTube Shorts
Users may make and post short films using a software called YouTube Shorts. These films can last up to 60 seconds, but there are several factors you need to take into account.
Up to 15 videos can be chosen at once.
- A video shouldn’t go more than 60 seconds.
- Videos need to be vertically oriented, ideally with a 9:16 aspect ratio.
- Although YouTube Shorts cannot be paid for, you may use them to direct viewers to your main YouTube channel’s monetized videos.
- Your YouTube channel statistics are influenced by the quantity of views and total viewing time of YouTube Shorts videos.
How to Upload YouTube Shorts from PC
How to upload Youtube Shorts from PC?
There isn’t a button to post YouTube Shorts on the YouTube website. Does that imply that computer uploads of Shorts are not possible? Okay, no.
The steps listed below can be used to upload YouTube Shorts from a computer:
- Open a browser on your desktop, go to studio.youtube.com, and sign into your Google account.
- Select Upload videos from the menu after clicking the Create button at the top.
- The screen where you must choose the video will appear. Ensure that the video is prepared.
The most crucial step is this one. You must be certain of two essential things. The video must first be no longer than 60 seconds and must also have a square or vertical (9:16) aspect ratio. Pick the preferred video. Your film will be instantly recognized as a YouTube Shorts video if it meets these two requirements.
- The video editing screen will appear when the video has been uploaded. Add a description along with the Shorts video’s title. In order to boost the likelihood that a video will be suggested on YouTube, it is a frequently practiced habit to include the hashtag #Shorts in the title or description.
The remaining steps are the same as those you would do to post a typical YouTube video.
- Select a video thumbnail by swiping down. The video can be included in a playlist (optional).
Finally, you must choose the Shorts Audience. Select No; it’s not intended for children. Select the Next option.
- After selecting Next on the Checks page, click Next on the Video components screen.
- Lastly, you must decide between Private, Unlisted, and Public for the privacy of the Shorts video. Click on Publish after selecting Public if you want everyone to be able to watch the video. The video might also be planned.
How to Upload YouTube Shorts Videos on an Android and iPhone
You may create a quick video using your YouTube mobile app that is similar to reels on TikTok, Snapchat, and Instagram.
The YouTube app now includes the Shorts camera. You may record videos with the Shorts camera and edit them by adding text, music, and effects.
The most recent YouTube apps for iOS and Android support the camera. It’s a fantastic method for taking quick films.
Since it is a standalone app, tablets cannot use the camera. Only Android and iPhone may use it.
Let’s now examine in further detail how to upload short films to YouTube using a mobile device.
- On your iPhone or Android device, open the YouTube app.
- The + (Add) button is at the bottom of the screen. Click it. Pick Create a short from the menu. Allows a microphone and camera if requested.
- The interface for the YouTube Camera will appear. For your Shorts video, tap the red capture button to begin filming. You may tap on the same button to stop. The default length of the YouTube Shorts is 15 minutes. Simply tap on the 15 to raise the time restriction to 6 seconds.
- When finished, go on to the following screen by clicking the checkmark button in the lower portion.
- You will be sent to the editing tab, where you may alter the text, sound, and video as well as apply filters. Click Next after adjusting according to taste.
- Add a title and a description to your Shorts video as well as the audience and privacy settings that you choose.
- To upload the video, simply hit the Upload Short button.
Note: For YouTube to promote your Short video throughout the site, be sure to include the hashtag #Shorts in the title of your video.
Recommended Techniques for YouTube Shorts
After you read how to upload Youtube Shorts from PC, it’s time for tips. YouTube Shorts are a fantastic video marketing tool and a terrific method to promote your company. Best practices, however, will enable you to maximize the results of your work.
Here are six guidelines for making YouTube videos that are successful.
- Being clear about the purpose and substance before shooting the shorts is important since you only have 60 seconds to do it.
- Use intriguing and pertinent titles.
- A title should not contain more than ten words.
- Make sure the thumbnail grabs your attention!
- Create an engaging summary with connections to your website or other online sites and searchable keywords (if appropriate).
- If you want to add annotations to your videos, do so, but make sure they are pertinent and easy to read so viewers won’t be distracted.
Bonus Tip: Create a Section for Short Videos on Your Channel
You may add the Short videos part much like the sections for popular uploads, playlists, live broadcasts, etc. that are displayed on your YouTube channel’s home page. This aids in increasing the number of views for the brief films.
Follow these steps to do so:
- Launch the browser on your PC and go to https://studio.youtube.com.
- In the left sidebar, choose Customization.
- After a little more scrolling down, select Short videos from the Add Section menu.
Note: The YouTube mobile applications will be the only place where the Short films section appears.
- Using the two-bar symbol next to each component, you may reorganize the sections by dragging them.
Short videos receive more views and are more likely to be shared. As a result, shorter videos are more likely to generate greater engagement.
There are a few ways to watch short videos if you like to do so. Watch short videos by tapping the Shorts option at the bottom of the YouTube mobile app. The Shorts section may also be seen on YouTube’s home page.
We have covered the important elements you should think about before completing this activity in our tutorial on how to upload Youtube Shorts from PC. Additionally, we covered one thorough computer-based way for uploading these shorts.
To assist you in producing better and more interesting material for your audience, we also looked at some of the best practices for YouTube shorts. We hope that this allows you to now post YouTube videos from your computer and share your high-caliber work with the world. I appreciate you reading the content.